Team Kale Chips Challenge
Kale Chips is a severely obese beagle who tipped the scales at 85 lbs. when we took him in. With help from our partners Higgins Animal Clinic, Integrative Pet Care and The Honest Kitchen, Kale Chips will be adopting a more active and healthy lifestyle in 2015.
Show your support for Kale Chips by challenging yourself to be more active this year, too.
• Select a total number of miles that you will log by Feb. 28.
• Select a way to do the miles – walking, running, biking, swimming or combination.
• Pledge to donate an amount per mile that you log by Feb. 28.
• In the event you don’t reach your mileage goal, pledge to donate a higher amount per mile for the miles below your goal by Feb. 28.
• Go here and click the Join Now button. Log in to or create a Firstgiving account and register.
• Customize your fundraising page with the specifics of what you’re doing for the challenge. Sample text would be:
I’m doing the Team Kale Chips Challenge. I pledge to walk 50 miles by Feb. 28. I’ll donate $1 for every mile that I log, and $5 for every mile that I’m below my goal.
• Ask friends & family to support you by donating to your page. They can either pledge to match your donation at the end of the challenge depending on how you do, or just make a one-time donation to your page at any time to give you encouragement. You’ll get a sheet to track the people that promised to match your donation to send a reminder to at the end of the challenge.
Throughout the challenge you can update your fundraising page to let people know how many miles you’ve logged and how many people are joining you in your donation.
You can also sign up for email updates on Kale Chips for inspiration!
* Throughout the challenge, share what you’re doing on social media with the hashtag #TeamKaleChips
• On March 1, honor your pledge by making the donation online to your page and following up with anyone who promised to match your donation with the suggested amount.
• There are lots of apps and devices to track miles, but if you have an iPhone or Android and will be doing your miles outside, you can log them with the Walk for a Dog app and earn more donations for us at the same time through their free app: http://www.wooftrax.com/
* All donations will go to One Tail at a Time, NFP. We are a a no-kill, all-breed dog rescue committed to lowering euthanasia rates in the greater Chicagoland area. One Tail at a Time is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law
Please email Kelly at OTATMarathonMutts@gmail.com with any questions.