The OTAT Committed Club is our way to say THANK YOU!
This punch card system is a way for us to say thank you for working your butts off to keep our rescue dogs, cats, and bunnies happy! It functions as an honor system, so keep track of your punches on your own (you do not need a physical punch card, but keep in mind there are 26 punches per card).
Here’s how it works:
- Grab a punch card from the Adoption Center, ISO House, or Behavior Center during a volunteer shift (or don’t, it’s an honor system so you can also just track it yourself using a spreadsheet or whatever works for you!)
- Earn punches for specific volunteer activities listed below or by fostering
- Trade in your punches for swag and other incentives! Volunteers, please contact Anne at [email protected]
for those prizes. Foster Homes, you will be notified in our monthly foster email.
- Volunteer punch cards and Foster points cannot be combined. (Two separate programs, earn double the prizes!)
The punch system works as follows for VOLUNTEERS:
1 punch for: animal transports, rescue rides, thank you note writing, events (all types!), B-team lessons, intake shifts
1 punch for every 4 foster mentor help desk shifts
1 punch for every 2 supply transports (you keep track)
1 punch for field trips for high need dogs (this is not simply a 30 minute walk, but outings such as a hike, long car rides/walks, sleepover away from a facility with staff approval)
2 punches for specialty vet visits (eg Grey’s Lake, VSC Buffalo Grove)
2 punches for any shift at the Adoption Center, ISO House, Behavior Center, or Vet Clinic (caring for animals, cleaning/organizing, staff requested need)
2 punches for PMA shift
- Odd jobs (foster supply, postal puppy, application, development support, etc.) – contact Anne and pick out a prize. 6 month commitment required to receive prize.
VOLUNTEER prizes earned at each level:
- CC T-shirt *new design* (1 card)
- Bandana & sticker (1.5 cards)
- Name a dog (2 Cards 52 punches)
- Name on website (3 Cards 78 punches)
- OTAT CC/BC/ISO hoodie/sweatshirt (4 card 104 punches)
- OTAT Joggers – receive in New Year after all orders collected (5 cards 130 punches)
- Your name will be entered in a drawing for Houndstooth Ball tickets. (6 cards 156 punches)
- Rescue mission with staff member (7 cards 182 punches)
Remember, The Volunteer OTAT Committed Club runs on the Honor System: punch your own card/keep track on your own! Once you reach a level, be sure to email Anne!
FOSTERS point system:
- Based off how many days full days foster is with you. OTAT will keep track of this for you – so no need to tally your days of fostering.
- 60 days- Name your next foster animal!
- 90 days – Committed Club t-shirt, and bandana for your resident pet
- 120 days- Your name will be added to the Committed Club list on our website
- 150 days- Committed Club Hoodie
- 180 days- Choose a pair of Joggers – Receive in New Year after all orders collected
- 210 days- A staff member will take you for a tour of Chicago Animal Care & Control and you will be able to assist in choosing some dogs (*not available during COVID restrictions*)
- 240 days – Your name will be entered in a drawing for Houndstooth Ball tickets.
- 365 days- Receive a gift basket put together by our staff