Animal Care Coordinator
Department: Animal Care
Reports to: Shelter Director
Direct Reports: None
Key Work Partners: Dog foster coordinators, facility staff members, volunteers
Tentative schedule includes: Mornings Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Afternoons Sunday, and Evenings Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
Overview: The Animal Care Coordinator is a part time, onsite role. The ACC is responsible for running animal care shifts across all OTAT facilities, including directing volunteers, ensuring animals receive meals, medications, exercise/enrichment, and cleaning as directed, facility cleanliness, and other tasks as indicated by facility managers and Shelter Director.
- Feeding animals according to guidelines
- Administering medications according to guidelines
- Cleaning enclosures/kennels according to guidelines
- Providing adequate exercise, enrichment and elimination relief according to guidelines
- Documenting and communicating all medical and behavioral concerns in accordance with OTAT policy.
- Engaging with volunteers on shifts to direct, educate, and encourage participation
- Ensure all tasks are completed during volunteer shifts
- Record all feedback on animal health and behavior as reported by volunteers
- Completing all cleaning tasks according to facility checklist
- Ensuring facility supplies are stocked and ready for the next shift.
- Notifying facility manager or Shelter Director of any maintenance issues or needs.
Email resume or experience list to [email protected]. Dog handling experience is required.