Cat and Rabbit Program Coordinator
Department: Ellis Veterinary Clinic
Reports to: Medical Director
Direct Reports: None
Key Work Partners: Dog Foster Staff, Dog Adoption Staff, Clinic Staff, Volunteers
Overview: One Tail at a Time is a forward-thinking animal rescue looking for a positive, independent working, experienced Cat and Rabbit Program Coordinator to join our growing team. Ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years of experience working in animal welfare, animal rescue experience preferred. Experience in companion animal health care, feline behavior and low stress handling of cats and other animals preferred. Excellent communication, organization and technical skills are required.
- Ensure all cats and rabbits entering One Tail at a Time’s adoption program are screened at intake, receive any needed medical treatments at intake, and/or otherwise given the proper medical attention, if necessary.
- Adhere to all OTAT Protocols and Policies regarding illness, disease, and sanitation.
- Fear free handling of cats and rabbits, including those of unknown temperament, aggressive behaviors, and those that are sick and injured.
- Document all vaccinations, preventatives and medications administered. Also document any tests completed and the test results.
- Maintain relevant written records, enter/retrieve information on computer.
- Assist with the Intake of new cats including blood draws, administering vaccines and medication, and performing health examinations.
- Assist with medication disbursement.
- Assist medical staff, as needed, to improve safety and/or alleviate stress from a behaviorally challenged cat or rabbit.
- Transport animals to and from local shelters, as needed.
Foster Coordinating Duties
- Match fosters with cats or rabbits in need of foster, with increased attention on placing animals who might be of urgent nature, have special needs, or need creative placement.
- Maintain all databases and software to accurately reflect when any cat moves in and out of a foster home.
- Provide support to foster homes throughout fostering experience.
- Ensure that medical and marketing needs of animals in the program are being met.
- Monitor progress of cats and rabbits in foster to ensure that they are progressing towards being adoption ready and working with long stay animals to ensure maximum adoption potential with the goal of reducing length of stay.
- Address any issues with fosters that are not following One Tail at a Time procedures
- Oversee foster concerns and feedback.
- Collect biographical information and photos for each animal’s adoption profile
- Innovate new programs, ideas, or improvements to grow and improve the program.
- Using One Tail at a Time’s branding and communication policy as a guide, create honest and appealing adoption profiles for the rabbits and cats in our care.
- Respond to inquiries, keeping p-to-date information on pets in our program, recruiting volunteers, etc.
- Respond to emails and phone inquiries from potential adopters seeking cats or rabbits who would be suitable candidates for their homes.
- Keeping accessible, up-to-date notes on all animals across program, especially long-stay or special needs animals
- Counsel adopters on medical and behavioral needs of the animal(s) that they are interested in, while providing exemplary customer service
- Provide an excellent experience, determining weak spots in customer interactions and implementing strategies to fix them, and generally representing OTAT well to all members of the public.
Qualifications and skills
- Must have basic knowledge of rabbit and cat illnesses and behavior challenges.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate well with a broad population including the public, fosters, volunteers, and staff. Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work on varied days with a varied schedule, including work on weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work independently in a busy and dynamic environment
- Excellent communications, organizational and technical skills.
- Shows maturity, good judgment and performs duties in a professional manner.
- Proficiency with personal computers, MS Word, MS Excel, Shelter database software
- Ability to lift 50lbs without assistance and lift up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
Email resume and brief cover letter to [email protected]