Full Time Position, some weekends required
$55,000 annually with a benefits package
Hybrid remote and on site in Chicago, IL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: One Tail at a Time is seeking a development professional to join our team and enhance our donor and community engagement opportunities. We are looking for an independent and motivated individual with strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and a willingness to learn and contribute to new departmental systems and strategy. Qualified individuals will have strong interpersonal skills, technical skills, and volunteer management ability.
Gift Processing and Stewardship (50%)
- Accurately process and track contributions made to OTAT via cash, check, online giving, or direct deposit. Includes depositing and recording donations from individuals, foundations, corporations, event donations, pledged gifts, etc.
- Prepare prompt and accurate thank you receipts, acknowledgment letters, or other donor correspondences as required for stewardship purposes.
- Manage donation-related inquiries via phone and email, including managing volunteers who assist with donor inquiries via a collaborative inbox. Responsible for ensuring all responses are timely and accurate.
- Coordinate and oversee donor appreciation processes with volunteers, including weekly thank you card writing as well as campaign-specific donor follow-up.
- Manage and track all matching gifts, including gift entry, donation confirmations, portal management, and gift tracking.
- Coordinate and execute donor stewardship tasks such as ordering and installing memorial tags, sponsorship plaques, etc. while ensuring timely documentation and donor followup.
Database Integrity and Management (20%)
- Routinely review donor and constituent databases for accuracy. Includes creating, updating, and merging constituent information as needed to ensure database integrity.
- Support data integrations and imports, ensuring regular, timely updates are made across all databases.
- Lead any database troubleshooting or technical support as required.
- Regularly document donor interactions for accurate stewardship.
- Develop and oversee a comprehensive system for mail, including sorting and distributing incoming mail, processing mailed donations, reviewing returned mail and updating constituent contact information as needed, as well as coordinating outgoing mail for development campaigns.
Event Planning and Support (20%)
- Support team in planning and execution of campaigns and events, including annual gala, fundraising events, and other donor engagement events.
- Assist with coordination of event logistics and provide day-of site support.
- Plan and execute in-person engagement opportunities including corporate or community volunteer days, member open-houses, and other donor-facing events.
Other Duties (10%)
- Participates actively in department and organizational meetings and activities, providing support as needed and requested.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including interpersonal communications. Must be comfortable serving as an ambassador for the organization to donors and the public.
- Motivated, self-starter attitude. Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively with a diverse group of staff and volunteers.
- Extremely technically proficient with the ability to learn new systems and problem-solve independently or with limited support.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- An attention to detail and willingness to commit to excellency in administrative tasks
- An interest in working for a non-traditional non-profit that values progressive policies, willingness to try new things, and risk tolerance.
- Must be comfortable with a variety of animals in and around the office, including large dogs.
- Must have a general understanding and commitment to progressive companion animal welfare.
To apply please email a brief cover letter and resume to [email protected]