- Wow, we currently have more foster homes than we are able to fill — thank you, Chicago!
- We will continue to take more foster applications but we encourage you to talk to other shelters and rescues as well, or be patient. There will always be more dogs and cats needing help.
- Our volunteers are working through foster applications as quickly as possible, and will reach out to you as soon as they can after your application has been submitted.
- Our facilities (including our Bucktown Adoption Center) are closed to the public
- If you have items to donate from our wish-list, please leave them under our steps. They are collected on our regular basis.
- Please note: We cannot accept opened bags of food or any items that are not specifically on our wish-list at this time.
- Our Adoption Center is closed until further notice.
- If you see a dog or cat you are interested in please fill out an adoption application.
- Our Adoption Coordinator will be in touch to set up a foster to adopt!
- We are experiencing a very high volume of applications and inquires and it may take 72 hours to receive a response.
- We are currently only accepting applications in the Chicagoland area.
- Volunteer opportunities at all of our facilities are currently suspended; active volunteers practicing COVID-19 guidelines can follow our One Tail at a Time Volunteers Facebook group for other opportunities to help!
- All volunteer orientations are postponed for the time being. If you would like to be the first to know when we’ve scheduled a new orientation, join our mailing list! >>
How you can help:
Right now, our greatest need is donations to give the best possible care for our increased number of homeless pets. Since we first started to feel the effects of COVID-19 in Chicago, we have been rescuing more than double our normal amount of dogs (and cats!).
Together, we will get through this.
Thank you, Chicago!